This article introduces the low-cost Hong Kong SIM card ClubSIM and its alternative products.
- Hong Kong SIM cards are divided into stored value cards and contract cards.
- Stored value cards: No contract, for example, a monthly call package costs 28 HKD. If you don't purchase it the following month, there will be no deduction or service provided. If it is still within the validity period after a few months, you can continue to purchase and use it.
- Contract cards: Package contract, fixed monthly fee.
- Real-name authentication: Hong Kong SIM cards used in Hong Kong require real-name authentication, which can be done through mobile phones and supports common identification documents such as Hong Kong ID cards, Hong Kong and Macau Pass, and passports. Sufficient time should be reserved for authentication. Due to poor IT, the authentication process may take a long time (difficult to identify the documents). Tip: The text should not have reflections.
- VoWiFi: Simply put, it is making calls and sending/receiving messages through WiFi without the need to connect to the local network operator's base station.
Features: Stored value card, low cost for maintaining the number, can roam and make calls/send messages, supports VoWiFi (WiFi calling).
Through VoWiFi roaming, you can use local Hong Kong rates (28 HKD/month) to make calls. Without using VoWiFi, you can receive messages at a rate of 6 HKD/year.
When not using VoWiFi roaming, the only function available is receiving messages.
ClubSIM VoWiFi Roaming
Warning: ClubSIM officially does not support the use of VoWiFi outside of Hong Kong.
Officially not supported. Um, cough, cough.
To enable ClubSIM to use VoWiFi roaming outside of Hong Kong, follow these steps:
- Disable the Wi-Fi Calling GPS permission in the phone's system settings (to prevent obtaining location information).
- Enable airplane mode (to prevent connecting to local base stations for roaming).
- Connect to a WiFi network that can access the international internet (Hong Kong proxy, supports UDP, especially ports 500/4500).
It is recommended to directly connect to a WiFi network that can access the international internet using router configuration (using only the phone's applications for proxy may not work).
Make sure to use the original Hong Kong IP proxy for the following domains:
csl.prod.ondemandconnectivity.com hhk.prod.ondemandconnectivity.com epdg.epc.mnc000.mcc454.pub.3gppnetwork.org ss.epdg.epc.mnc000.mcc454.pub.3gppnetwork.org ss.epdg.epc.geo.mnc000.mcc454.pub.3gppnetwork.org
Additional proxy is required for Apple devices:
If you don't know how to configure, please use global proxy.
HK$33, 30-day package: Unlimited local data^ + 5000 minutes of local calls in Hong Kong (^first 50GB at up to 42Mbps, then up to 128kbps)
- Stored value card
- Even if you don't purchase this package, receiving messages is free.
- Does not support VoWiFi
- Valid for six months, recharge to extend validity. Minimum recharge amount is 50 HKD.
Suitable for travelers who visit Hong Kong at least once every six months.
YeeCall Virtual Number
Only supports activation through WeChat, high risk
WeChat SMS receiving package for 360 days, HK$98/360 days
- Supports receiving messages through WeChat
- Supports making calls and sending/receiving messages through the YeeCall app
- Call charges are billed based on usage
- Hong Kong numbers support number portability
CUniq HK Monthly God Card
Contract card, no data package, basic monthly fee of $9
Other cards that support VoWiFi. Currently, only ClubSIM supports stored value cards.