Spent a few days reinstalling the Android phone system. This article briefly introduces how to back up an Android phone.
General steps for backing up a device:
- Determine the scope of data to be backed up (identify which data needs to be backed up)
- Determine applicable backup methods one by one
- Check the integrity of the backup
When performing backup operations, corresponding permissions are required. In the Android system, permissions are divided into the following three levels according to their hierarchy:
- Root superuser permission.
- ADB (Android Debug Bridge) permission. It is used for developer debugging. You need to download Android SDK on the computer and send commands to the phone through the command line.
- Application permissions. Android applications are divided into system applications and user applications. System applications have higher permissions than user applications.
- RECovery backup: Enter recovery mode and use the backup function or copy files to perform backup. Here, the permissions are higher and all files can be read.
- Backup by copying files. Copying certain files requires higher permissions.
- Backup using Android applications. It can be divided into cloud synchronization and writing to local files.
Scope of Backup Data
Includes the application itself and application data.
The application itself refers to the content obtained after the installation package is installed; application data includes but is not limited to application settings, resources downloaded by the application, and user-saved documents.
If the application itself supports backup, it is best. If it does not support backup, higher permissions may be required to copy data files for backup.
For some critical applications, the backup status needs to be manually confirmed repeatedly:
- Password storage applications generally provide backup functions.
- Communication and social software: manual transfer of chat records, account information on risk control platforms.
- Applications with two-step verification: banks, other payment tools, Google, Microsoft.
- Notes, memos, documents.
- Browsers: bookmarks, browsing history.
Contacts, Messages, Call Logs, Calendar
The Android system grants software the ability to read and write this type of information. Software can be used for backup.
Step count, etc. Exported through recording software.
Wi-Fi passwords, do not disturb settings, SIM settings, fonts.
If the system settings do not support export or cloud synchronization, backup can generally only be achieved by copying files with higher permissions.
Backup can be done through cloud synchronization or copying files.
Simply copy and paste.